UTCSTAFF Archives

July 2006

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
THOMAS WARE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
THOMAS WARE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:22:53 -0400
                                                     7/27/6

Greetings:

     This is to inform all those interested in the subject of retirement
benefits--especially those who are nearing or at the stage of
retirement--about a forum to address such concerns.  Any faculty who have
attended one of the recent retirement ³seminars² may recognize that some of
the explanations we have received, particularly about expectations of
accruals and allocations within those benefit packages, have left a residue
of confusion in the minds of some of those standing on that precipice.
    Miss Connie Baskette, The UT Executive Director of Benefits and
Retirement Services, and her associates, have agreed to come to this campus
on Thursday, August 10, to discuss these topics and to answer as far as
possible any questions which have arisen among  faculty members at this
level of their careers at  UTC.   I have requested the Signal Mountain Room,
at 1:00 P. M.  for this meeting.
    Once again, I urge those of you interested in these matters to formulate
specific questions as they may apply to your retirement plans.  I suggest
that anyone who was enrolled in the old JCRS program may have
Pressing reasons to attend.
    I will be sending out additional notices as we near that date, but it
would aid me greatly if those who wish to attend let me know.  If there is
no evident response, I think it best to cancel the program; but I hope such
is not the case.

    T. C. Ware

    T. C. Ware

* UTCSTAFF home page:  http://raven.utc.edu/archives/utcstaff.html *
* unsubscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]  *
*   subscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]    *