UTCSTAFF Archives

July 2006

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Stuart Benkert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stuart Benkert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:11:21 -0400
My neighbor, knowing I am making home improvements, helped me out by inviting me to attend a meeting at Directbuy. Sounded good but before I do anything I check it out on line or get on Raven and ask for information. The jury is out on this $3,000 to $4,000 per year dues oriented company that claims to save 50% off retail. But do your home work before you go. When any store says they are saving you over the cost of MSRP... they probably are... but remember... no one really pays MSRP it is an arbitrary number dreamed up by some company's marketing department. For instance... almost everything at Lowes and Home Depot is already %20 to %40 of MSRP. Back in the 80's when, I was a diamond broker (not a jewlery store... a broker), I learned that you can put any price you want on something, The true price is only what someone else is willing to pay for it. I watched dealers (I supplied the dealers not the customers) charge people up to 5 times the real cost of the diamond (The certificiate for the value of the diamond is only good for insurance folks... it does not garauntee that you did not get ripped off). A life lesson I was fortunate to learn young. Enough blabbering... check the links.. You might be one of the people who had a positive experience. That is great for you and the company.

stuart

http://ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff201339.htm

http://ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=direct+buy&Search=Search

* UTCSTAFF home page:  http://raven.utc.edu/archives/utcstaff.html *
* unsubscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]  *
*   subscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]    *