UTCSTAFF Archives

July 2006

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Carol Oglesby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Oglesby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:41:55 -0400
Our second class of DANCE, DANCE, DANCE will begin on Tuesday, September 5.
Class will meet every Tuesday from 6:00-7:00 PM for 14 weeks.  During the
fall semester the instructors will be focusing on Swing, Mambo, and Foxtrot
or Tango.  Classes are $100.00 per person for the 14-week term.

Due to limited space and the need for personal instruction, the class is
limited. Presently we have 12 openings available. Only payment can reserve a
space.

Our instructors are Bill Raider and his partner Lara Fyfe of Lookout
Mountain.  Bill is a Master Dance Instructor and former World-Class
International Ballroom Dance Competitor.  He was ranked 55th as a
World-Class Professional Competitor.  Bill trained in England and has taught
Ballroom, Latin-American, Swing, and Tango dancing in International,
American and Argentine styles for over 25 years.  Bill and Lara are a
feature story in the Chattanooga (magazine) in the September issue.

Bill Raider's Teaching Philosophy: "Learning something new - especially any
form of partner-dancing, involves an unavoidable amount of uncertainty -
you're stretching your boundaries.  Pushing past that barrier, is the
process that allows us to grow."

The Health and Human Performance Department will be sponsoring a dance (part
of another special program we will be offering shortly) for the Christmas
holidays, so you can strut your stuff!

Questions, please do not hesitate to give me a call or send an email.  I
look forward to dancing with you.

Thanks.  Carol

* UTCSTAFF home page:  http://raven.utc.edu/archives/utcstaff.html *
* unsubscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]  *
*   subscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]    *