HP3000-L Archives

June 2006, Week 2

From:
Adam Dorritie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Dorritie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:56:50 -0400
On 6/14/06, John Lee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Don't you guys have anything better to talk about than this?  This is
> really boring.  OK, Denys sighted some facts without crediting the
> source.  Let's move on.

I'm sorry if it's boring, John.  I find it fasciniating, but I guess
that's evidence of yet another of my character flaws:).

Just to be clear, the question I raised was neither the citation of
facts without credit nor the use of a particular quote without
attribution, but what seemed to me to be the wholesale theft of
another's work (the article by Mr. Kudlow) and the recrafting of such
an article and the presentation of the derivative work as one's own.

Perhaps the matter is as trivial as you make it sound, but I think
that such an act, when it occurs, is to be despised.