HP3000-L Archives

June 2006, Week 2

From:
Adam Dorritie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Dorritie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:22:36 -0400
On 6/14/06, Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> And if his opinion is the same or similar to mr Kudlow's, then it is
> an entirely correct statement of Denys's opinion also.
>
> -------------------
> Then why are you not beating on Mr. Kudlow's door in moral outrage?
> This travesty needs to be brought to his attention, URGENTLY!
>
> -------------------
>
> Again, RUN!  Don't walk to Mr. Kudlow's office and let him know about
> this!
>
> -------------------
>
> > And who told you I was a conservative?
>
> Nobody did Brice.  It was a wild guess on my part.  Possibly an
> entirely mistaken one.
>
> -------------------
>
> Wild Guess?  Would you do that on a term paper any more than plagiarism?
> You want to apply term paper standards to what is posted on this list the
> this must apply to you as well?

Brice, you might want to refer to Mark's posting on logical fallacies
at this point.  This is about what Denys may have done that was wrong,
not whether Mr. Kudlow cares about it.  I also am not assigning "term
paper standards" to postings on this list, I am imposing basic
standards of ethics.

Feel free to continue to try to divert the argument to topics
unrelated: Mr. Kudlow's reaction/nonreaction; attributing the same
weight to a reasonable, though possibly incorrect assumption, as is
given to the ethical failure inherent in taking someone else's work
and claiming it as your own; or in denegrating a reasonable distaste
for an apparent act of plagiarism as "term paper standards."  In the
end the reality remains, it seems that Denys took someone else's work
and claimed it as his own when he could easily have simply posted Mr.
Kudlow's work here-- if his intent were solely to inform.  If he did,
in fact, use Mr. Kudlow's ideas without attributing them, he must have
wanted to acheive more than just informing us or have wanted to inform
us without our knowing the source of the information provided.