HP3000-L Archives

May 2006, Week 3

From:
Paul Taffel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 09:31:38 -0700
Hi Larry,

Some comments (but note that I haven't seen the MPEX release you're
running, and my comments may be out of date):

- The MPEX %CHGROUP command (which is implemented by the file
  ZZCHGROU.CMD22.VESOFT) internally calls %CHLOGON.

- The MPEX %CHLOGON command has an undocumented ;BREAKOK keyword,
  whose use is restricted to SM users.  When ;BREAKOK is specified,
  then the <BREAK> key is available when %CHGROUP'd or %CHLOGON'd.

Is it possible that one system has a VESOFTDEFAULTCHLOGON variable
set up that specifies ;BREAKOK?

If <BREAK> is allowed, them you'll switch back to your original logon
when you hit <BREAK>, and return back to your switched-logon when you
type RESUME.

Regards,

Paul Taffel