HP3000-L Archives

May 2006, Week 2

From:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 09:32:22 -0400
Brice,

honestly, what would you have said if all this would have happened during
Clinton's time?

misleading the US into a war in Iraq (not Afghanistan)

-----------------------

I would have been stunned the man had the guts to take us to war, and
presumed there was a secret motive somewhere.  When I heard about the
'Slam Dunk' I would have found out it was his appointee which said it
and presumed the position was given as a political favor not for
competance.

-----------------------

troops without sufficient protection

-----------------------

I would have presumed this was because the Democrats cut back on military
spending.

-----------------------

no plan at all for Iraq

-----------------------

Make no mistake, I fault GWB and his buddies for this.  I was surprised
this was poorly thought out and expected better.

-----------------------

secret surveillance programs

-----------------------

I would have presumed this had less to do with national security and
more to do with a secret agenda.

-----------------------

failure of FEMA/DHS during Katrina

-----------------------

I would have figured this was a direct consequence of President Carter
dismantling Civil Defense and replacign it with FEMA.

-----------------------

a deal to provide illegal immigrants a chance to become American citizens

-----------------------

This would not have been the first time a Democrat had done this.  I would
have called instead for enforcing the law, just like I am now.

-----------------------

Tax-cuts for the rich and investors

-----------------------

If by 'rich' you mean people like me who are well off but not what I
would call rich, I would figure he had either taken a page from the
Republican book or had been leaned on by a Republican Congress to
do it.

If by 'rich' you mean people who are really rich, then I would have
figured his rich buddies had bribed him somehow to give them tax
breaks.

-----------------------

record deficit year after year

-----------------------

Just like almost every president since FDR?

-----------------------

How would you have described Bill Clinton then?
As a competent faithful leader that knows what he is doing and that is
trustworthy and has earned our support and respect?

Be honest

I would never had described WJC that way.  But then I do not describe GWB
that way either.  I would like to see more competance out of GWB, but I
think he is coming off as faithful.  WJC was more competant, but he was
just crooked.  A fast talker, clever liar, a weasel.

Michael