HP3000-L Archives

May 2006, Week 2

From:
Greg Stigers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Stigers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 14:43:25 -0400
> And I do not care about the sex-life of the president.
Nor do I, nor do most posters, I suppose.

But how do you feel about a president who lies under oath for any reason
whatsoever other than national security? It's one thing to be caught unaware
by a question from a reporter. But Clinton was a lawyer (alas, no more), and
had to be prepared for this question. That was the issue, way back then. It
was a move of pure genius to change the focus away from that issue.

Back to the original topic. I doubt very much that my mother used a lawyer,
but will ask. I do know that some desk jockey found some issue with her
paperwork, and wanted her to turn around and get back on the ship for the
return trip.

Whether the children of such immigrants grow up to be productive citizens
might be a fun topic to discuss. ;-)

Greg Stigers
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=self-deprecating
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=humor