HP3000-L Archives

May 2006, Week 2

From:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 14:20:37 -0400
On Wed, 10 May 2006 09:16:07 -0400, Greg Stigers <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Things certainly have changed since my mother immigrated in the early
>fifties.
>
>Greg Stigers

If you do it legally, it takes months if not years (depending on the
reason) and cost you thousands of $ with a lawyer. Without one, you have
lots of trouble with the paperwork and it will take forever.
You also can't leave the country unless you first apply for a exemption of
that. That takes about 2-3 months and then you can travel twice before you
need another exemption.

Therefore it is understandable that poorer people do not want to spend that
time and money. However this doesn't change illegal to legal.

However we are happy, that the "new" immigrants don't round us up and send
us on a trail-of-tears to Oklahoma. ;-)

Michael