HP3000-L Archives

May 2006, Week 2

From:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 11:31:49 +0100
We have loads of jobs that would cause damage if more than one copy was
run. To prevent this we have the following code at the start of them:

  !if jobcnt('jobname,user.account') > 1 then
  !  tellop WARNING: Job is already running. I'm terminating.
  !  eoj
  !  endif

A couple of system problems has resulted in a large backlog of jobs
waiting to run. One of our jobs is never getting passed the above check
because by the time it moves from WAIT to EXEC our scheduler has
streamed the next copy which joins the WAIT queue.

One way I can see around this is to do the following instead (we have
MPEX):

  !setjcw mpexfaststart 1
  !mpex
  %if jscount('jobname,user.account&EXEC') > 1 then
  %  tellop WARNING: Job is already running. I'm terminating.
  %  eoj
  %  endif
  %exit
  !setjcw mpexfaststart 0

Anybody have a method that would work with vanilla MPE (our D/R box does
not have MPEX)?

regards,

Robert W.Mills
MIS Systems Development Manager