UTCSTAFF Archives

May 2006

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Carol Kimmons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Kimmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 16:56:07 -0500
PUBLIC EVENTS, WORKSHOPS AND GOINGS-ON AT MOONSHADOW - SUMMER 2006

SVI is currently accepting applications for internships for this
season.  Internships could start anytime now and last as long as
October (November, for building interns) or anytime in between.

May 7th and 14th and June 4th and 11th (Sun) - Workdays at Moonshadow
Grab your friends and come on over for a day of hard work, laughter,
community, delicious organic food and lots o’ good times!  We will be
working on projects such as: gardening, edible landscaping, natural
building, orchard maintenance, office tasks, cooking and more...

Natural Building Focus - May 26th-July 2nd, then through Novmber for
building commitment
We are looking for 6 dedicated interns to be involved in a 6-week
natural building training and then a 4-5 month commitment to building
SVI’s new meeting hall.  We will begin with the first workshop, May 26.
  Interns will come with us to the Bonnaroo Music Festival for our
week-long building and education experience.  The natural building
training will officially end after the second workshop on July 2nd.  If
you’re interested in applying for the Natural Building Focus, please be
in touch with Nada using the contact info below.

May 26th-28th AND June 30th-July 2nd - Natural Building Workshops
Techniques taught will include adobe, cob, light straw-clay slip,
earthen plaster, alis and other natural finishes, basic carpentry,
adzing, post and beam timber-framing and ferro cement.  Please be in
touch for more details.

July 13th-16th - Food for Life
This is our seventh annual gathering for skills-building around
permaculture, organic gardening, food preservation, methods of cooking
and diet choices, macrobiotics, medicines and nutrition.  We will also
focus on theoretical and political explorations of social and
ecological implications of agriculture, including biotech, factory
farming, genetic engineering and will discuss their many alternatives.

For more information on these events, contact the Sequatchie Valley
Institute at Moonshadow
1233 Cartwright Loop, Whitwell, TN 37397 (near Dunlap, TN)
423-949-5922 - www.svionline.org - [log in to unmask]

Carol Kimmons, Education Director
Sequatchie Valley Institute
Research and Education in Ecology and Sustainable Living
Rt. 1 Box 304
Whitwell, TN 37397
423 949-5922
Website:  svionline.org
The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be lighted.

* UTCSTAFF home page:  http://raven.utc.edu/archives/utcstaff.html *
* unsubscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]  *
*   subscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]    *