HP3000-L Archives

April 2006, Week 3

From:
Dave Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:17:19 -0400
Kim:

It's been quite a while since I did something like this in QUERY. IIRC
you have to do it in 2 passes. The first is to read the data and format
a script that has the update values. Then run that script to do the update.

As I haven't used QUERY syntax in years, so I know I would screw up an
example, but the report phase would have to write the find and update as
well as the execute statement over and over. One for each update.

Yeah it's been a while but I know it can be done.

HTH

Dave