HP3000-L Archives

April 2006, Week 2

From:
Edward Berner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward Berner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:19:47 -0400
Hello,

What is the current status of the hp3000 emulator projects / products?  I
haven't heard anything about emulators on either 3000-L or the OpenMPE list
for quite a while now.

Searching the net a bit indicates that at one time Allegro, Software
Resources International, and Strobe Data were all potentially interested in
building an emulator.  Software Resources International posted to 3000-L in
Feb 2004 that they were working on a prototype but hadn't decided whether or
not to make it a product.  Various articles from 3000newswire.com indicate
that Strobe Data is also working on an emulator and, if I understand the
articles correctly, has commited to it as a product.

<dream>

If an emulator existed and cost less than the hardware support contract for
our 3000 then I could save money and reclaim some floor space at the same time.

</dream>

Thanks.

Edward