HP3000-L Archives

March 2006, Week 3

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:54:15 -0500
Tracy wrote:
> (172-03170855) Too many spoolfiles on system, only the first  006144
> files will be processed
>
> This was a known limitation, I'm not faulting Netprint.  I just didn't
> believe it would get this far.
>
> (Damn the auditors, I'll have to start manually deleting some spoofiles.
> At least I have offline backups.  Thank goodness for VEsoft, I can use
> wildcard selection criteria I can understand.)

Speaking of Vesoft, why not rename the spoolfiles (wildcard by date) into
other groups:

SPOOL15
SPOOL14
SPOOL01

So your job would follow something like this:
%purge @.spool15
%rename @.spool14,=.spool15
%rename @.spool13,=.spool14
%rename @.out.hpspool(spool.readydate >= yesterday),=.spool01

(You'll have to correct the syntax on the date selection, but you get the
idea...)

This will keep your OUT.HPSPOOL cleaner and you'd still be able to print older
spoolfiles if needed by using :SPOOLF O#####.SPOOL##;PRINT

Mark W.