HP3000-L Archives

February 2006, Week 4

From:
J Dolliver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:26:06 +0000
#1) I did register for the service in 1973. It happend to be 4 months before my 18th birthday when I did. In "I think" August your friend "the other Dick" changed the service to all volunteer. Needless to say the mood of the country wanting to serve in vietnam or overseas for that matter were very negitive so I did not need to enter the service and that was that. I would have gone to serve if necessary.

#2) Spaceport and UAE was in the news. OK ...What does this mean to us in the US? NOT MUCH

#3) In the US ports, we search about 10% of the containers that arrive in the US, so that leaves a 9 out of   10 that could contain imported weapons that could harm US citizens. I think we would be better served if we beefed up the security by making it manditory to have part of your reserve training be to work at the ports to develop better security.

#4) Bush has a hard enough time mastering the english language never mind making his own decisions. This
decision made behind closed doors not communicating the intent to the states affected by the decision tells me that this is a payback for some deeds that were done along time ago. I don't buy it that an english company just makes it's mind up to someday to sell a profitable business just to sell it. This deal smells and WE pay for it in the end. GWB could care less about making friends in other countries, he has made that clear by starting a premptive war with a country and continues to compromise the entire country for his buddies. What ever happened to Colon Powell? Why can't the GOP get him back to run for President and set this country straight. He bailed when he had to lie for the good of the party and was so taken by it that he resigned in frustration. We need a leader to lead this country, not destroy it.

#5) You finally agree that there is something that smells fishy in this deal and you need more information. This is the first time I have seen this from you. Is it because both parties Dem's and Repub's cannot understand how he could make this kind of decision in light of somewhat current events like 9/11. So why would GW make the decision to NOT let a Chinese company buy a small oil company but would allow a known country that supports terrorism have access to the entire east coast of the United States. Is it because the UAE already has us by the short strings "OIL".

Sorry Denys, there is no question that our leader is misleading.

Your Friend,
Joe
-------------- Original message from Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>: --------------