HP3000-L Archives

February 2006, Week 4

From:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:32:57 -0500
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:06:45 -0800, John Clogg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Michael Baier wrote:
>
>>where is the problem?
>>If you are 18, you can join the military, get trained to kill people and
>>use million-$-equipment.
>>However in most states, you can't order or drink a beer except on-post.
>
>For once I find myself agreeing with Michael (gasp!).

Thank you John.

It's not only the liquor laws but many laws.
a 14-18 yr old "child" can be treated as an adult in a criminalcase.
15-16 yr old can drive a car.

However they can't buy cigarettes legally nor alcoho of any kind.
18 for cigarettes, 21 mostly for alcohol and 18 to vote (I think)

Germany: When 16, I can legally buy cigarettes and buy and drink beer and
wine. (not hard liquor). 18 I can vote, drive a car, join military. I am
considered an adult. However in criminal case under certain circumstances I
am still treated as a juvenile. (stupid, too)

So, when am I an adult?

Michael

Many of the liquor