HP3000-L Archives

February 2006, Week 1

From:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 06:18:55 -0600
Hi Wirt,

Ah....see you too, are up late working things too!

At 12:53 AM 2/7/2006 -0500, Wirt Atmar wrote:
>Academic internet protocol is such that you may offer hints to a student, but
>you don't do his homework for him. Clearly, someone you know is taking
>statics as either a college class or as an advanced high school class. It
>does
>neither him nor us any good to do his homework, but he's more than welcome
>to ask
>as many questions as he wishes until he understands how to solve the problems.

Hmmm....I didn't think of that when I was asked by another adult I know in
TN when
I got the e-mail.....  His daughter has graduated from college anyway, but
perhaps
he's helping someone else.  Good Question!   I'll follow-up with him and if
part of some student work, will point them to their own resources.   I've
not done these types of problems
in many years and it was late when I got them so didn't consider...

Thx!