HP3000-L Archives

February 2006, Week 1

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:20:17 -0600
My documentation shows there are up to 16 item R/W maps per label, starting
on label 3.  So for 10 items, there is a single label, for 30 items, there
are 2 labels.

Each item r/w map requires 8 words (2 bytes per word), and a label is 128
words long.  So the formula is no-of-lbls:= (no-of-itms*8)/128.

The set r/w map, as you say, will start on the label boundary after the item
r/w table, which again, always starts on label 3.

So in the case of 30 items, the set r/w map will start on label 5.

I hope I read you question properly.

Denys