SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2006

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:10:37 -0500
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 21:51:21 -0500, Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>From: "Reef Fish"
>
>>>It would except for the fact that Bob's putting words in my mouth again.
>>
>> Lee should have noticed that the QUOTE was what someone in TECHDIVER
>> said to Lee -- about Lee's claim that he could compensate 6 lb shift
>> [shift in weight of air in the tank from full to empty] during a dive.
>> I was not in that conversation at all!
>
>No, but you're the one that brought it up and attributed it to me.

It was attributed to you by the TECHDIVER poster, because the
passage I quoted started with "Lee, ..."

You then
>claimed I was waffling

You did, in rec.scuba, AFTER Hugh Huntzinger stepped in and
explained his version of the physics of it.

when I clearly stated, several times, that the words
>were not mine, that I had claimed no such thing.

Why don't you quote YOURSELF, from that thread, BEFORE
Hugh's explanation to you -- after which you waffled.

You
>conveniently failed to mention that it's it's only a two lb shift either
>side of the midpoint that I weight for.

You conveniently snipped THESE paragraphs in my post, that the
discussion was about NEUTRAL BUOYENCY, and Lee Bell claimed
he could be neutrally buoyancy throughout a dive by shifting
his breathing pattern alone.

#What Lee did in rec.scuba, after he was shown the physics by Hugh
#Huntzinger, back himself all the way down from 6 lbs to 2 lbs, while
#admitting, as Hugh correctly suggested to him, that he was a bit
#heavy at the beginning of a dive, and a bit light at the end, and
#as long as he is MOVING, anyone can handle that kind of difference.
#
#But the discussion was about NEUTRAL BUOYANCY -- which means not
#positive nor negative while NOT in motion.

>> Trouble with Lee, among his ignorance in physics, physiology, and
>> other diving matters, is his poor MEMORY of what was being discussed
>> and who said what to whom.
>
>Trouble with Bob is that he still doesn't let the truth get in the way of
>his fantasy.

That has become your slogan in every post in which you spoke about me.
The fact that you repeat a falsehood doesn't make it true.

>> At the Bahia in Cozumel.
>
>With nothing better to do than bring strife into the lives of others.
>
>Lee

I have lots of better things to do, but never too busy to correct
Lee Bell's LIES.

Lee Bell also LIED about me not knowing what an EPIRB was, when
he popped out of his killfile in rec.scuba when someone else was
flaming me.   Each time I produced QUOTED evidence, of quotes
by Lee Bell, that he was the one who erred.

Since he had me killfiled, he didn't read those posts that
exposed him, and he kept sticking the SAME FOOT in his mouth
three times after my post that exposed him -- each time I
simply reposted the same post in its entirety.  Lee FINALLY
caught  on, presumably because one of his pals tipped him
off that he was repeatedly shooting his own foot.

Here's ONE of those repeats by Lee.

http://tinyurl.com/zqdu9

-- Bob.

3rd perfect sunny day for DIVING.   I am diving with one
Greg Mossman of rec.scuba, with whom I had so many flamewars
that those who ganged up with him, when he was wrong, was
finally listed as rec.scuba's Dysfunctional Gang.

In that respect, Greg is like Bjorn with whom I used to have
some pretty strong flamewars, but when the issues were
clarified, there was no longer the need for any future
flamewars, and Bjorn and I had NOT had any discussion that
could remotely considered as flame wars, even though there
were several topics in which we were on EXTREME opposite
points view, e.g., Bush's invasion of Iraq.

The difference with Lee Bell is that he would NOT admit any
of his errors, even when he accused me of not knowing
where Georgetown Pier was, where I board the Cayman
Aggressor every year, when Lee was the one who was mistaken,
by MILES, because he thought the Georgetown Pier was in
the part of Georgetown miles away.   But Lee kept on
arguing and arguing.

That's exactly what Lee is doing about all those threads
on Buoyancy Control and NEUTRAL BUOYANCY.  He erred badly
and everyone who read those thread knew immediately, except
Lee would argue and argue and argue, while waffling and
changing his stories each time.

That's the kind of ARGUMENT that can never be tolerated,
no matter what Lee does or say on other things.

-- Bob.