SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2006

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:33:41 -0500
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:43:07 -0500, Michael Doelle
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Bob, does Michael know you're posting in his name?<
>
>I'm not Bob. So why respond to me calling me Bob, Dingleberry?

"Lee's Rule: He who calls someone names has lost the debate.
 EXCEPTION to Lee's Rule:  Lee can call someone 'an asshole'
 or 'an asshole;s asshole' and claim he won."

>Ya know, Bob isn't the only one who thinks you've lost your marbles. That
>happens to be the broad consensus on S-SE.

And every group/forum in scuba in which Lee has participated,
with the possible exception of rec.scuba -- and even there,
he modus operandi is beginning to be noticed even by his
Dysfunctional pals there.

>Want me to post a relevant comparison of your diving skills vs Strike's?

Mika, that would be a INSULT to Strike!  Take a random diver
from a newbie group to compare Lee should suffice.

How many divers (dead or alive) do you know who claims he
can be perfectly neurally buoyant through breath control
to compensate a loss of 6 lbs of weight of the air in a
tank that had been used during a dive.  This prompted a
someone in the Techdiver group to say,

>Lee,
>You compensate for 6 or so lbs in buoyancy change by
>shifting your breathing pattern???? That would require
>constant, close to 3 liters exhale at the end of your
>dive ;-))  What is the tidal volume of your lungs -
>15 liters?:-)))

See:  http://tinyurl.com/dx2l6

Lee didn't understand that lesson in 2004 and continued
singing his tune of "Lee Bell's perfect breath control",
until Hugh Huntzinger gave him a newbie-level lecture
in rec.scuba in 2005, which forced Lee to back from his
bragging, but still obfuscating and mouth dancing with
new excuses:

LB>  Generally, my shift, with an 80 cubic foot tank is
LB>  4 lbs or less.  Thanks to a lot of years of diving,
LB>  my consumption is pretty low.  It's unusual for me
LB>  to surface with less than 1,000 psi.

So, Lee has gone from 6 lbs to 4 lbs, bragging about
his good air consumption as an excuse for his
misstatement about the 6 lb difference premise to
maintain NEUTRAL buoyancy throughout.

LB>  I start a bit heavy and end a bit light.

Than back off some more admitting that he is never
"neutral" afterall, even with a loss of only 4 lb
of weight of the air in the tank.

One of the "celebrities" was a tad more blunt about
Lee's knowledge and skill:

>   If you read all of what this idiot wrote, you
>   can see how totally full of shit he really is.
>   He does make an extreme effort to make idiocy
>   sound reasonable, but via his normal method:
>   bullshit, lies, fabrications, and twisted "facts".

That was the verbatim quote.   The last line sounded
almost exactly like what I've said of Lee, but it
turned out the quoted celebrity never read anything
I had written about Lee.   We just came to the
IDENTICAL conclusion about Lee's posts (in totally
different scuba discussion groups.

-- Bob.