HP3000-L Archives

January 2006, Week 4

From:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:17:09 +0100
Hello Paul,

As I've seen no other reply to this, I'm bringing in my own experience of
transitioning from PC based to host based management. Let's see, it's pretty
straightforward.

1) Obviously, backup everything, just in case, including the DTCMGR station
and its config.
2) The obvious : in NMMGR, choose host-based instead of PC-based DTC
management
3) You'll need to config a lot more for each DTC :define each card, each
port on each card, each parameter (speed, parity, and so forth).
4) Validate and cross-validate
5) Don't forget to shutdown and restart DTS. IIRC, it's DTCCONTROL options
resp. 4, then 5.

That should do it. I hope I've not forgotten anything important. The last
transition I did was 4 years ago, and I'm quoting from memory.

HTH

Christian