HP3000-L Archives

January 2006, Week 4

From:
Timothy Atwood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Timothy Atwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:38:44 -0800
Thanks. But that still only shows me connections at a particular point in
time. I want to know conntections started (and possibly already ended)
anytime within a past period..

I already wrote a job which uses NETTOOL>STATUS>TCPSTAT>CONNTABLE>@ to list
all connections. Then LISTF CI.PUB.SYS ,8 to list all command file
accessors. Then it uses Qedit, Suprtool, Suprlink and Stexport to create a
combined file of this information for import into an Excel spreadsheet. It
in fact gives me more information than the Jazz script. It both shows me
network connections not using CI (printers, servers, FTP connections, etc.)
and Jobs/Sessions not connecting through a network (DTC's, etc.).

I guess I could put a loop in the job so it did this every minute or so.
Then removed duplicates from the resulting file. Not sure of the impact of
running such a thing every minute or so.

I just thought maybe connection events were logged someplace.