HP3000-L Archives

January 2006, Week 4

From:
John Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:01:38 -0600
So what are France and Canada doing to make the world a better place?  Did
you send relief to New Orleans?  Kenya?  Nairobi?  Indonesia?  New York
City after 9/11?  How about Nigeria, Bosnia, Chechyna, Turkey (bird
flu),  etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

How many unprovoked terrorist attacks have been prevented because (some
countries) are engaging terrorism on its turf instead of on Western
turf?  Do you relish the thought of the subway train you ride being blown
to bits some morning?  Why don't you try to prevent that?  Instead, it
appears as though you just accept it as part of life.  Sure, some rights
have been violated.  This is a war.  A U.S. reporter is being threatened
with beheading as we speak.  Her rights are being violated.  Why does that
go unnoticed by some?

Sorry to rant, but I'm fed up being the world's policeman and then being
blamed for all the world's problems.  Maybe we should just let the Middle
East rain nukes on each other...might solve a few problems (I'm not serious).

John Lee