HP3000-L Archives

January 2006, Week 3

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:06:21 -0500

I finaly remembered to look it up tonight and found the root QBL means
to accept, receive or approve.  The derivative Muqabilah can mean:
reception, meeting, encounter, comparison, collation.  Add their word
for "that" and you get: "in return for exchange" or "compensation for that."

I imagine "balance" would not be out of the realm of possiblities.

The second form of the conjugation (QBBL) can mean "to kiss" or "stand
directly opposite."

--
BT

Tracy Johnson