HP3000-L Archives

January 2006, Week 2

From:
David Knispel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Knispel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:22:23 -0500
I did this.

Run NETTOOL.NET
status
tcpstat
conntable
then your HP3000 IP address

David Knispel
email: david.knispel at frequencymarketing.com
Ph/Fax: 513-248-5029
Cell: 513-383-4824
-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Atwood [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 6:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] List Network for Session Connections

That does not give me what I need. It tells me which network the person is
coming from, not the address or network name of the HP3000 card they
connected through.

We have some 10 or 12 networks which could be wanting to connect to the
HP3000. Actually, if I consider all of Domtar it would probably be
potentially hundreds of networks and thousands of PC's which could connect
to the HP3000 if they wanted to (and knew the address, logon, passwords,
etc. of course).

The more recently configured PC's should all be using DNS - no problem we
have already updated all DNS servers (I think - though I would like to also
make sure I did not miss any)

Older ones properly configured should have a logon script when they connect.
Which should update their hosts file automatically.

However, we have already discovered five or so PC which had hosts files but
no connection script. Based on that number I can expect maybe another 20 or
30 more.

This could be handled with the "Shut down token ring card and see who dies"
method. Still I was looking for something else. If I do it with the die
method, I am sure to get a VP or someone else who can make my life very
uncomfortable.

So what I need is to list what HP3000 network each connection came into.