HP3000-L Archives

January 2006, Week 2

From:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:31:11 -0500
I'm new to your group, but this touched me in a very raw spot.  What we
sorely lack is the fostering of a sense of responsibility, in everyone,
for our actions.  The "ideal" method of dealing with problems, mistakes,
etc., in this day, is to point the finger at someone else, deny any
wrongdoing and hope to get away with it.  This attitude is being fostered
in families, schools, you name it.  And until we accept the responsibility
and/or consequences for what we do, are willing to "own up" to our
mistakes and make honest efforts to correct whatever the wrongdoing is, we
will be hopelessly mired in in a decaying society.  We are theoretically
the world's only "super power".  That said, we only have to look back at
other societies so enamored with themselves and the same attitude, to see
massive failure is the end result:  Rome, Egypt, Germany prior to WWII,
East Germany, Russia, etc.

Although I agree with you, things have gone too far to backtrack.