HP3000-L Archives

January 2006, Week 1

From:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:55:01 -0000
Greetings to the -L,

I remember that if you have 'too many files in a group' OR 'too many
files with a similar name' then you will start having problems when
trying to delete some of them. What I can't remember is what the limits
for 6.5 are. Any details on what they are would be welcome.

I can use a modified version of MPEX's flexible %LISTF file
REPORT.LISTF.VECSL to warn me when we are approaching the 'too many
files in a group' limit.

Not sure if there is a way to find out if we are approaching the 'too
many files with a similar name' limit. Is there a way?

BTW: I know it's a bit late, been on holiday for the last 4 weeks and
only got back to work yesterday, but Happy New Year to you all.

regards,

Robert W.Mills
MIS Systems Development Manager
Windsong Services