HP3000-L Archives

January 2006, Week 1

From:
Neil Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:14:05 -0500
At 02:03 PM 1/3/2006, Johnson, Tracy wrote:
Tracy,

Qedit "creates" the file equation? Do you mean executes the file
command with a file equation that points to a device that does not
exist? :)

/file lp8;dev=80
Unknown logical device. (CIERR 345)
/set interactive off
/file lp8;dev=80
file lp8;dev=80
Unknown logical device. (CIERR 345)
Abort program - Error# 345

It may be likely that the file equation in question has been there with no
negative impact, however, since MPEX runs Qedit (in this case)
runs qedit in such a way that it thinks it is in a job or non-interactive
Qedit aborts at the errant file equation.

Hope this helps.

Neil