UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2006

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Katheryn Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Katheryn Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:51:03 -0800
Dear One and All,
	I hope that you have had a pleasant holiday and are well rested for the
Spring Semester.
	I write because I have something I need to part with. My two daughters are
now grown and no longer need the World Book Encyclopedia. This is the 1992
Edition, so the latest high-end science is not included, although available
through the publisher. But, it is otherwise a perfectly useable set for any
family with children in elementary, middle school, or high school
	The set includes:
	The encyclopedia, 22 volumes, in the classic cover.
	The Year Book update volumes for 1993, '94, '95
	The Science Year update volumes for 1994, '95, '96
	The 8 volume Science Encyclopedia
	The 10 volume Young Scientist (some good science fair activities in these)
	The 15 volume Childcraft See and Know

	My daughters used these books, and used them well, but they now sit on the
shelf, gathering dust. I hate to see such fine books go unused. I hate even
more the prospect of ever moving them elsewhere knowing that wherever I
take them, they will still be unused. Better to sell, even at a
considerable loss, just so they can continue to be valued.
	The current price for this set is: $2,229.00, not including tax and
shipping.You can go to WorldBook.com to verify. I will sell the whole set
for only $400.00, and I'll help you load them into your car too.
	My daughters took good care of these books, as they do all books. There's
not a page torn, not a volume missing, and they have never been stored in
the attic, basement or garage. They are in "like-new" condition.
	If you have considered getting an encyclopedia for your children, or
grandchildren, please take a look at this set. I realize that right after
Christmas, money may be tight. I will consider a down payment and the
balance later.
	You may reply by campus e-mail or my home e-mail below. I am home through
the holiday break.

Katheryn A. Thompson Phd
Assistant Professor of Spanish
Foreign Languages & Literatures

* UTCSTAFF home page:  http://raven.utc.edu/archives/utcstaff.html *
* unsubscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]  *
*   subscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]    *