HP3000-L Archives

December 2005, Week 4

From:
john pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
john pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:03:16 +1100
The Greeks may have documented and thoroughly understood what they were
doing in trig and geometry, but it seems the Egyptians knew very well the
right angle, 3-4-5 triangles, and true N-S ordinates very early on. From my
readings,IIRC the great pyramid sides deviate from N-S by some 2 seconds of
arc, which means their execution was as good as their design.

Geo-metry is derived from measuring-earth, I wonder what the greeks called
it themselves?
Al-gebra (break apart) was an Arabic invention, and they understood how it
worked.

jp

I've stopped 19,526 spam and fraud messages. You can too!
One month FREE spam and fraud protection at
http://www.cloudmark.com/safetybarsig/?rc=9jy34