HP3000-L Archives

November 2005, Week 2

From:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 07:48:57 +0100
Hi friends,

To Denys : you are correct, CRS is exactly what you wrote, Compagnies
Nationales de Sécurité. Basically, it's a police force that was designed in
the mid-50s to bring back order in troubled areas, in the contexts of the
then "events" in Algeria (then a French territory). Their mission is to help
either bring back (when it no longer exists, like in a riot) or maintain
(when it exists, like in road traffic or beach surveillance) public order.

To Craig : you want to move to my place ? Sure ? Too much noise in your own
house ? Consider that I have 2 kids of my own, aged 13 and 9, and they're
not exactly silent. My 9-yr old daughter recently announced with great pride
she had beaten her own record of non-speaking time, with 18 seconds. The
rest of the time, she always has something to say.

Christian