HP3000-L Archives

November 2005, Week 1

From:
Greg Stigers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Stigers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 11:37:28 -0500
EasyTime does not enjoy popularity for various reasons. I'm surprised that
someone uses it to perform backups. I'm used to seeing it done with job
streams, and recommend that approach instead.

STORE does not store user information, or passwords. So, if by directory you
mean that in the sense of LDAP, NDS or Active Directory, that's different.
Others have explained what STORE means by DIRECTORY (which you still want
and need). But look at BULDACCT, whose contents you likely want on your
backup tapes, but probably do not want to leave on your system, unless you
take pains to secure it.

Greg Stigers