HP3000-L Archives

November 2005, Week 1

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:14:16 +0000
I wrote :

I saw "click here for the latest Directors meeting" but that only
showed me the extremely brief and uninformative minutes from a
meeting on July 22nd 2005.

donna, you replied :

> i believe different board members have explained this several
> times...but i'll say it this time -- it's my job as secretary to
> convert our informal minutes into formal, publishable minutes. yes,
> it's obvious that i'm behind. but when you're in a fight for you job,
> some priorities have to take precedence over others. i can assure you,
> however, that the board meets every week (not every other).

It was only my intention to highlight the fact that the website
seems to be in disarray. I am sure you and the other volunteers
are doing "great work" albeit that there is no real verification
of this fact because of NDAs etc. However, it doesn't paint a
very good picture of an organisation, even one staffed by
volunteers (maybe fighting for their jobs), if the most visible
and public part of the organisation appears to be neglected.
[snip]

You said :

> perhaps...just perhaps...instead of complaining and doing
> nothing, your message might be better received with an offer
> to help?

Ok. Please regard my message as an offer to help.
The website does need help and if I can contribute to it
please let me know. Broken links are easily fixed but
providing quality and timely information is something
else entirely.

You said :

> openmpe really is trying to preserve what's left of the mpe
> 'community' that we all seem to love. and yet, the board gets
> very little feedback other than being told what an miserable
> job we're doing. if this 'community' means so much and if it's
> worth saving -- then do something positive to help save it. - d

If OpenMPE produced some "goods", I'm sure the board would get
some resounding praise and positive feedback. So far, this hasn't
been the case and I, for one, would be very happy to hear that
some solid, definable progress had been made. After all, it's
almost 2006!

Cheers,

John Dunlop

---- Message sent via Totalise Webmail - http://www.totalise.co.uk/ MAX Broadband 2Mb now just £17.99 a month plus 2 months free!