HP3000-L Archives

November 2005, Week 1

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 23:01:55 EST
Keven asks:

> You have 2 or more spoolfiles ready to print,
>  all on the same print device, same priority, and
>  each with copies > 1.
>
>  Does the one that goes ACTIVE, print all its copies,
>  one after the other, before the next one goes ACTIVE?
>
>  Or does it rotate to "the end of the queue", each
>  spoolfile taking turns, printing one copy, and
>  rotating?

I have no idea as to absolute fact which is true. You would either have to
have access to the source code or run an experiment in order to determine which
is true.

However, if I were programming the spooler, both for ease of programming from
my point of view and for logical desirability from the user's point of view,
I would think that the only reasonable option is the first one.

Wirt Atmar