HP3000-L Archives

November 2005, Week 1

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 12:14:13 -0800
Brian writes:
> I am confused as to some of these stats being returned by the FFILEINFO
> intrinsic
> in my app and to the stats reported by the LISTF and LISTFILE commands
> (either at the colon prompt or inside MPEX)

(listf[ile], 3 output...)
> EXT SIZE:  1                        WRITE   :  ANY
> NUM EXT:  1                         EXECUTE :  ANY
> MAX EXT:  8               FLAGS   : NO  ACCESSORS
> This file is just a plain old flat file.
> I use FFILEINFO to get most of the stats. It gives me
> extent size = 1 and max extents = 8.
>
> However, LISTF and LISTFILE give me extent size = 0 and max extents is not
> present.

Perhaps you reversed FFILEINFO and LIST/LISTFILE?  The LISTFile output
you quoted clearly shows "EXT SIZE 1" and "MAX EXT 8".

> Inside MPEX:
> FILE: EXPLORER.CMDS.DEV

Hmm...the file was xxxx.xxxx.xxxx before :)
> EXT SIZE:  0(SECT)                          WRITE:   ANY
> RESTORED: THU, OCT 27, 2005,  5:13  PM

> So, if FFILEINFO is giving me wrong info which intrinsic will give me the

Where's the use of FFILEINFO?

It looks like MPEX has a problem (the "inside MPEX"'s "listf" output
is from MPEX code, not from the COMMAND/HPCICOMMAND intrinsic calling
LISTF).

What does:  calc finfo ("xxxx.xxxx.xxxx", "extsize") show?

Stan
--
Stan Sieler
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html