HP3000-L Archives

November 2005, Week 1

From:
"Newton, Ernie" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Newton, Ernie
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 11:33:11 -0800
Greetings,

After my little job ran to address the return to standard time,
the software clock was off by about 8 hours.

I rebooted, and ran CLKUTIL to set the hardware clock.  After
starting the system from ISL, the software clock asked if it was
October 1.  After a couple more reboots I determined that the
two clocks were off by 30 days.

My bottom line was to get the software clock correct, since it
is what stamps the jobs, sessions, file creations and such.

This has been an issue for a couple of years, but the two clocks seem
to be getting farther and farther apart.  The HPRC suggested that
it could be a bad battery.

P.S. When I set the correct date/time with CLKUTIL and start from
ISL, reply "N" to the prompt for the software clock, put in the
correct date/time the system hangs.

Any suggestions?  Are there any ramifications with having these two
clocks off by 30 days?

Thanks,

Ernie