HP3000-L Archives

October 2005, Week 4

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:33:25 -0400
I'm reasonably certain this has been asked before, and I've tried to follow some examples, but I'm at Witt's End.  [There is a letter here.]

I've tried to reincarnate our :VSTORE-after-:STORE method of backup and verify, but with autoreply set on the tape drive now.  We've never used autoreply before (long story) and I'm having trouble with the sequence of events in the backup job that results in getting a tape request waiting for a reply, rather than finding the mounted tape.  The guts of the job does this:

> #tellop Backup job is beginning...
> #devctrl.mpexl.telesup 7 compression=enable eject=disable load=online
> #back7x24
> #tellop Backup job is complete.
> #pause 60
> #tellop Verifying...
> online.util.lps 7
> #pause 30
> #devctrl.mpexl.telesup 7 compression=enable eject=enable load=online
> #vstore *backup;@[log in to unmask]@;progress=1

I've tried this, as well as doing the devctrl before the online.util.lps, various pauses, and can't get a consistent result.  More often than not, it doesn't work, and there is a reply pending in the morning for the vstore.

The version of "online" is:

> ONLINE  A0a   Copyright (c) 1991  Allegro Consultants, Inc.  (408) 252-2330

I tried without online at first, and threw it in there later in hopes it would help.  It did, but still not consistently.

Can anyone share their solution to achieve the desired result?

Jeff