HP3000-L Archives

October 2005, Week 3

From:
john pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
john pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:52:53 +1000
We HAVE Done very well with 1GB until just lately, as more users come on
board and we run more jobs in background. Currently just past 200 sessions,
50 jobs. We are on 7.5 - specifically took a year of maintenance to get it a
couple of years ago.

Not supported by hp - wanted $20k/pa for no new op sys changes - now on
support from Storagetek at <$5k/pa

Thanks.

John

There is a method of size and slot location.. a0,bo should get the 512mb and
move the 256mb to the next slots. I am not sure that 2gb total is enough.

Is your system supported by HP?  If not which OS are you currently running?

Where are you located

-------------- Original message from "john pitman" <[log in to unmask]>:
--------------

Thanks for that - looks painless!

We believe, based on data from the supplier (before my time) that we have 4
x 256 DImms, ie 4 slots used. Do you know if there is any restriction on
mixing DIMM sizes on a carrier? Ie can we just add another GB with 2 x 512MB
DIMMS?

Thanks,

jp

Here is a link for you

http://www.memoryx.net/a4923a.html

Enjoy

-------------- Original message from "john pitman" <[log in to unmask]>:

What do you call cheap? Is there a no of cards/carrier issue in an N series?
I seem to recall 2 cards/carrier limit?

Thanks,

john

Memory is cheap and you only have 1gb installed. i would buy 3gb more

-------------- Original message from john pitman <[log in to unmask]>:

> We have been doing pretty well for a long time on our N series(7.5, 1GB
RAM,