HP3000-L Archives

October 2005, Week 3

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 09:49:45 -0500
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Paul Edwards
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Greg, there is a freeware product called Belarc Advisor that will give you a
>lot of software and hardware information about your PC. I use it on my PCs.

> CDR Paul Edwards USNR Ret.       HP 3000/9000 Certified Consultant
> Paul Edwards & Associates        Phone: (972) 242-6660
> 1506 Estates Way                 Fax  : (972) 446-9022
> Carrollton TX 75006              Cel  : (214) 384-8728
> Email: [log in to unmask]          Web  : www.peassoc.com

While I don 't know a better tool than Belarc, be advised that it is
dependent on your BIOS. So when I wanted to know if I had 1 x 512 or 2 x
256 in my Tosh, and asked it, it came up with:

Memory Modules (c,d)

512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'JP21' is Empty
Slot 'JP21' is Empty
Slot 'JP21' has 512 MB
Slot 'JP20' is Empty

c. Memory slot contents may not add up to Installed Memory if some
memory is not recognized by Windows.
d. Memory slot contents is reported by the motherboard BIOS. Contact
system vendor if slot contents are wrong.

and I had to open her up to see what was really there (1 x 512, so it
got that right).

Let's hope the Compaq BIOS does a better job for you....

Roy

--
Roy Brown        'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
Kelmscott Ltd     useful, or believe to be beautiful'  William Morris