HP3000-L Archives

October 2005, Week 2

From:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:36:15 -0400
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:24:59 -0400, Johnson, Tracy
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Herr Baier writes,
>
>> John,
>>
>> you mean the ones that are still not caught even after years
>> into 2 wars
>> and thousands killed and billions wasted?
>> I wouldn't call that a success but a complete failure.
>
>What about the ones caught today?  Like the woman in France in attached
>to the Al-Qaeda network, or the guy bagged in Tobago today with a
>substance and terrorist literature, also wanted in South London.  Or the
>the ones caught in Turkey today who plotted to blow up Israeli ships?
>All can be found in some of your friendly internet newspapers like the
>BBC.
>
>Wait a second you are right, these were EUROPEAN anti-terror efforts!

Yep, they have years of experience to deal with terrorist.
France, Germany and Italy have been fighting and winning their war on
terror. Germany didn't invade the former East-Germany even so the RAF was
at least partly sponsored by that regime.
Yet, they still got them. The french caught Carlos.

Furthermore even in 1999 information was passed to the American authorities
about Mohammad Atta and Marwan Al-Shehhi. Both were in the planes that flew
into the WTC. However the information wasn't used properly.

Sometimes and somethings can be learned from the old countries in EUROPE.
;-)