HP3000-L Archives

October 2005, Week 2

From:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:09:25 -0700
I'd be curious to see a 'listfile ,2' listing of the 'offending' files.

Also from the posix shell:
        /SENDMAIL/CURRENT/bin/mailq

The above should tell you if 'sendmail' 'thinks' there are any queued
messages.

I've found out that under some 'error' conditions the 'queued' files
deviate from the normal naming convention of 'd......' and 'q.....', they
instead adhere to 'd....' and 'Q....'.  If that is the case you could
rename the 'Q...' files to 'q....' and then issue the above posix command
again.  If the number of 'Total requests' is non zero then the 'renamed'
message will be processed the next time sendmail 'cycles' through the
queue.

Regards
Paul Christidis

I'm assuming that this is running on MPE, since it's not listed as OT:,
but I could be wrong, so I don't know if this will help, but on a unix
system, you use 'sendmail -q' to have it immediately reprocess the
messages
in the queue.

Dave

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 10:24:02AM -0700, John Bawden wrote:
> Fellow Listers,
>
> I have a few messages stuck in the delivery queue for
> Sendmail (/var/spool/mqueue) that weren't delivered
> because the ^^%$#& network team left off one of the
> addresses during a migration. The address is back and
> mail is going okay now except the undelivereable mail
> is still stuck in the queue. I've tried stopping and
> starting the Sendmail background job with no luck and
> have looked through all the documentation that I have
> but can't find anything about getting mail out of the
> queue short of purging it. Does anyone know how this
> can be accomplished? TIA.
>
> John Bawden
> QualChoice

> Yahoo! Music Unlimited
> http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

|"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,|
|Mr.  Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right|
|answers come out?'  I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of     |
|confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."                |
|                -- Charles Babbage                                     |