HP3000-L Archives

October 2005, Week 2

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:53:51 +0200
Jim,

there is a free WRQDECOD program at ftp://ftp.telamon.com
in the mpe_freeware section. This can be used to decode WRQ
labeled format files on MPE (after being transferred there
in binary mode). However, there is no "opposite" program to
"wrq encode" there.

On the other hand, I do not see any benefit of using WRQ
labeled format for file transfer to a PC, if the purpose is
to use a PC editor and later transfer back to MPE. In that
case, plain ASCII transfer makes much more sense, IMO.

Maybe I just misunderstood the underlying question, though.

Lars.