HP3000-L Archives

October 2005, Week 2

From:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:10:24 -0400
Would or could he bring MPE/iX back?
Let's take HP to the Supreme Court then.

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:03:35 -0700, Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Tracy,
>
>I could not think of a better candidate, certainly better than Ms. Meirs.
I think so for several reasons.

>1)  Eugene is a scholar of constitutional law.
>2)  Eugene is a libertarian, not Conservative.
>3)  He is young.
>
>and the most important reason
>
>4)  It would really piss ole Wirt off!
>
>-Craig
>
>"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>The following is a "what-if" question:
>
>As long as a nonjudge candidate is on the table and Harriet Miers is NOT
confirmed, should President Bush nominate Eugene for the U.S. Supreme Court?

>He was Sandra Day O'Connor's protégé and is currently of the academia type
(Scalia) of candidate. (I'm not sure U.S. Birth is required as in the case
of the Presidency.)