HP3000-L Archives

October 2005, Week 1

From:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 03:17:20 -0500
Wirt may be sending out an ...---... and just doesn't know it.

(For those still acquainted with Samuel's original coding method, predating
ASCII by a few decades). For others not so acquainted (the younger ones on the
list?) here's a hint: this sequence of 3 coded letters was first used during a
disaster by Marconi operator McBride to send a call for help by the Titanic
after hitting the ice berg.  :)