HP3000-L Archives

October 2005, Week 1

From:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:18:52 -0700
Brian,

You could always have the job 'record' its own spoolfile id.  Create a
system wide logon UDC for batch jobs, that invokes your application with a
certain parameter value and an "infosting" of the job number and its
associated spoolfile id.  The CI variable 'HPSPOOLID' contains said value.
HPSPOOLID   A global variable used by the CI that shows the
            spoolfile ID of the current job, which is the file
            name found in the OUT group of the HPSPOOL account;
            initial value is the job spoolfile ID.  Type= R S

Your application can then record the missing spoolfile id value and/or any
additional pertinent information.

The UDC file should contain something similar to:
        Run jobapp.grp.acct; parm=-1;
info="!hpjobtype!hpjobnum;!hpspoolid;...."

Regards
Paul Christidis

written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.

<<snip>>

Paul's answer is what I would have given.   If you need the  LASTSPID
number then you need to ensure that the job can logon straight  away.

Two ways come to mind 1) allow the job to logon with HIPRI 2)  use
user-defined job queues.

I'm guessing,  but I expect you  would also fail to get the LASTSPID once
the job has logged off and the  STDLIST has been deleted (either by being
printed with no SPSAVE option, or  by forcing the STDLIST to be deleted
in the Job stream's JCL).
<<end of snip>>

Yep, that's exactly what is happening. There is no spoofl id until the job

logs on (EXEC state)
and once the spoofl is printed/deleted it is then gone forever....

So that is why I wrote this app -- It captures the job jumber, its
associated spoofl id's and writes this info to a logfile for future
reference.

Of course, if the job doesn't immediately log on then the spoofl id is
blank. So I plugged a 2 second pause in the program. However, if a job is
scheduled to run at a later time then the
spooflid doesn't exist and won't be captured anyway.

Guess I have to live with what I've got right now.

Such is life.......

Brian Donaldson.