UTCSTAFF Archives

October 2005

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Amy Jenkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Jenkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 15:04:32 -0400
Can you believe how warm it is outside, and we are thinking about Christmas??

It's time to get an early start and begin planning for Christmas.  I
realize so many of you
have been so generous with your giving to the families affected by
Hurricane Katrina.  If you
can find it in your heart to give again, we are in need of your help.

Tennessee Early Intervention System works with families of infants and
toddlers with disabilities
and special needs.  Each year, we identify families in our program who are
not able to provide
the items that their children need and wish for at Christmas and who will
not be receiving help from
any other source.  We have named our project "Lexie's Legacy" as a way
to  remember and honor a
grandchild of one of our staff members who died at the age of 14 months old
in March 2002.

And here's where you come in...TEIS would like to solicit your help in
providing newly purchased
items to assist our families this Christmas season.  Any assistance you can
provide would be appreciated;
however, we are hoping for organizations to sponsor or adopt complete
families.  This would include buying
and wrapping gifts, and even possibly purchasing food for the family.

If you need additional information or would be willing to help, please
contact Amy Jenkins at 425-5260 or
at [log in to unmask]  We will not be able to accept any requests for
sponsorship after December 9, 2005.

Please help us keep "Lexie's Legacy" strong by helping those less fortunate.

  	May you be truly blessed this holiday season!