SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2005

Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:59:45 -0500
> That sounds good. Although he's pretty much a lame duck now.
> Maybe if he moves fast. What a disappointment the guy has
> been. Considering what people had hoped he might be able to
> do. PAN will lose lots of votes.

Arent all Mexican Presidente's lame ducks by definition?  No possibility of
a second term.  Six years and out.  Last one I can recall that actually had
any real power might have been Santa Ana. ;) I have hear the the 'other'
party (Democratic Revolution party?) is actually running ahead in the polls.
Their candidate is the mayor of the DF.  PRI must have gotten the message
though.  They are being much more vocal and active especially with the
unions.

> Hello? Guys, isn't it about time to put the essential lines
> below ground like in the rest of the developed world? Oh, too
> expensive, never mind then. Keep fixing the damn things after
> every storm then, instead.

That would require an infusion of capital which is better spent on executive
bonuses and golden parachutes.