SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2005

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:13:48 -0400
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:45:22 -0400, Michael Doelle
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Cat 5 and all the models just broke down.  They have not got a clue where
>it
>is going. Most of the models are now saying landfall on the Yucatan S of
>Akumal but they also mostly show it looping back into the Carribean across
>Cozumel.<
>
>I've just  heard that some English folks have  installed the first Yurpeen
>steam railroad somewhere on Anfield Road. Or was it the Enfield motorcycle
>in India? Or the Enfield rifle? Never mind, some newfangled thingy it was.

No, it's the German folks who installed their WWI Fokker to track
the eye of die hurricane.

>So,  with any luck. radio and TV may actually become a reality outside the
>USA sometime around June 2011.  But thanks for  supplying us with world
>news until that finally happens.

The Saturday morning TV indicated that the weakened Category 4 Wilma
had whipped up some 20-foot waves in Cozumel and Cancun.

Travel.cruises travel-agent reported this morning that

TA>  Princess only has the Star Princess doing a Western Caribbean
TA>  itinerary this coming week.  They haven't announced any
TA>  itinerary changes yet, but the ship is supposed to stop at
TA>  Cozumel on Wednesday.  I doubt that Cozumel will be ready.

I am scheduled to be in Coz on Nov 9 and Nov 16, on the Star
Princess!  :-)  Gossip has it that even if the cruiseship Piers
are blown away, the cruise ships can still send passengers
ashore on their tenders.  I am more curious about the ONLY
ocean-front condo in Cozumel, which Albert and partner had
been able to bribe the Coz Gummint into issuing the permit,
and had been peddling them up to half-a-million bucks USD
a unit, and are supposed to be built "hurricane-proof",
stood up to the assault of Karina and Wilma.  Albert was
trying to sell me one of his condo units at a "bargain price"
of 300 Grand, and I laughed at him why should I do it when
"my" Large Penhouse Suite at the Bahia were still charging
me less than $100 a night at peak tourist season.  :-)

da Feeesh.