HP3000-L Archives

September 2005, Week 3

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:21:19 -0700
Just to let everyone know, I was being sarcastic.

It seems a bit fiscally irresponsible to spend 200 BILLION of the government's money on a total of 7 or 8 million people.

Lets do some basic math here, there are only say 300 million people in the US.  So every time the Government spends 1 Billion, that's 3 dollars for every man, woman and child.  So this 200 Billion is going to cost every man woman and child in the US... 600 dollars a piece.   Hmmm, for my family of 6 that is a total of $2400 to go directly to Louisiana, and Mississippi, assuming of course the end recipients even get the aid.

But remember only about 70% of the people even PAY taxes...  And some of the people affected did have insurance.

Bottom line, we were all appalled by the looting after Katrina.  Those looters are nothing compared to when the professional looters (Senators, Congressmen, Mayors) get involved.

-Craig

Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Which about half will spend on lottery tickets in Arkansas and Texas and the other half will use to replace all their ruined iPods and Xboxes, while the schools and highways remain unfixed.

I have a better plan than Bush.

Let's give every single man, woman and child in the state of Mississippi and Louisiana $50,000 cash.

Why not?  It would be a lot cheaper than the 200 Billion, President Bush is proposing.

-Craig