HP3000-L Archives

September 2005, Week 3

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:22:57 -0400
Ever notice how some people configure Yahoo into their Outlook toolbar
at work?  O.K.  (It doesn't bother me personally, other personnel
'choose' to do this at work and I'm not the company's email cop.)

I manage to convince one of these persons that the clickable Yahoo ikon
that advertises emoticons at the bottom of all their e-mails should be
removed.  (Mainly because our company shouldn't advertise another
company's product.)

Anyway I go into this person's Outlook and try to find out where this
ikon is being added to their e-mail.  I DON'T find it in their signature
picker and the number of pull-downs is so voluminous I don't know where
else to look.

Does anyone know off the top of their head how to deconfigure the Yahoo
emoticon advertising ikon at the bottom of all their emails?  It's just
this one thing I want to get rid of.  (Short of using the big hammer and
changing company policy to forbid yahoo plug-ins altogether.)

The ikon says "Add emotion icons to your Emails" with a happy face
graphic that winks and says "Click Here"

Tracy Johnson
Measurement Specialties, Inc.

BT

NNNN